December 28, 2007
Today I have received a copy of
Swiss Oracle Usergroup’s Newsletter 1/2008.
It contains my article on some 11g New Features related to DDL.
I had posted about them a while ago in my 11g Top New Features Series.
You can read about DDL LOGGING and DDL LOCKING in 11g in my 11g posts.
Thank you SOUG!
December 11, 2007
On Dec. 3rd. Oracle has released
Enterprise Linux Release 5 Update 1 Media Pack
for x86_64 (64 bit)
and x86_32(32 bit)
for download on Edelivery
December 10, 2007
As of Dec. 06th. 2007 the new Enterprise Manager version 10.2.0.4 is available in OTN and Edelivery.
This patchset does not only contain bugfixes but also a number of NEW FEATURES .
Here is an overview of the new features if you upgrade from 10.2.0.3:
- Provides data masking, that is the capability to replace sensitive data with false but realistic looking data on test and development databases.
- Allows usage of commonly-used privileged delegation software, such as sudo or pbrun, to fit into the existing credential subsystem in Enterprise Manager.
- Allows bidirectional flow of events between Enterprise Manager and third-party products.
- Provides users through the Service Level Management Pack the capability to record transactions on Forms 6i-based applications and periodically replay these transactions to monitor performance and availability.
- Provides DHTML transaction recording and monitoring features that allow you to record and playback DHTML-based applications. The features help you to capture mouse and keyboard actions, in addition to the HTTP requests.
- Allows you to monitor and manage Oracle BI Suite Enterprise Edition (Maui release). You can discover Oracle BI EE servers, view configuration information, monitor performance, and so on.
- Provides, through the Diagnostics Pack for Non-Oracle Middleware, Java Applications Diagnostics Expert (JADE) that allows you to diagnose performance problems in production Java applications with minimal performance overhead and without shutting down the applications.
- Provides improved SOA management capabilities that enable you to automate the provisioning of BPEL Processes using the deployment procedures. Also ofers configuration management of BPEL Process Manager.
- Provides out-of-box plug-in support for Microsoft Exchange targets. Allows you to monitor performance, availability, usage statistics, and administration of Exchange Servers.
- Offers support for the following plug-ins:
- EMC CLARiiON System: You can view storage, configuration, and performance information for laying out best practices, analyzing performance bottlenecks, and resolving issues.
- VMware ESX Server: You can monitor configuration and performance data of VMware ESX Server 3.
- Microsoft SQL Server: You can access core administration capabilities.
- IBM DB2 Database: You can monitor IBM DB2 Release 9.
- EMC Symmetrix DMX System: Provides fixes for certain performance-related issues found in Reports and enhances its capability to function better in a larger environment that may consist of over 3000 disks.
You can download the versions for
- WIN 32 bit
- Linux x86
The documentation is here.
Also there is a new version of the agent available for download for WIN 32 and Linux x68.
as well as a number of new PLUGINs for the OEM.